Letter from Dr. Z
WDS Cancellation Letter
It saddens me to have to share this with you. Due to the Governor’s Directive regarding
Youth Camp Regulations and further clarification that we should not expect any
changes this summer, our Wicomico Day School Camp Program for June 22- July 10 is
Our camp state licensing is through the Maryland Health Department and we must
follow their guidelines:
● Only outdoor day programs are allowed to operate at this time.
● Programs must hold all activities outdoors, except for access to indoor
bathrooms and shelter for inclement weather.
● Only campers who reside in Maryland may attend youth camp programs.
● Daily monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms
● Social distancing and face coverings (children age 9 and older, when safe to do
so, and staff)
● Groups of 10 (campers and staff), do not mix groups
Based on these guidelines we could not run a safe, fun high-quality program at
Wicomico Day School at this time.
All payments will be refunded as soon as possible or program fees can be applied to
our Green Hill camps. Since Wicomico Day School's licensing is under the Department
of Education’s Division of Child Care, they are allowed to run their indoor program under
COVID-19 guidelines and will be now offering their summer program during the weeks
of June 22 to July 10. Please call 410-546-5451 or register at
30 years ago we celebrated the 1st summer of our Zany ways. Our 30th anniversary
year has not exactly gone as planned but we will persevere and look forward to many
more future summers making memories to last a lifetime.
Stay well and safe,
Harlan Eagle, "Dr. Z."